The general hardness of coal is 1-4. After coarse crushing by jaw crusher, fine crushing by impact crusher, and sieved by vibrating screen, coal can be processed and crushed into different sizes of the requirements. Vipeak jaw crusher, impact crusher for coal crushing have been widely used in the coal industry and mining industry, for its high and unique quality. They can crush coal at large quantity and high efficiency. In addition, Vipeak vertical shaft impact crusher can crush coal into much smaller sizes to meet specific requirements.Coal is classified into four main types, or ranks (anthracite, bituminous, subbituminous, and lignite), depending on the amounts and types of carbon it contains and on the amount of heat energy it can produce. The rank of a deposit of coal depends on the pressure and heat acting on the plant debris as it sank deeper and deeper over millions of years. For the most part, the higher ranks of coal contain more heat-producing energy.
Coal is a combustible black or brownish-black sedimentary rock composed mostly of carbon and hydrocarbons. Coal is composed primarily of carbon along with variable quantities of other elements, chiefly sulfur, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. It is the most abundant fossil fuel produced in the world. Vipeak is a professional coal crusher and coal mill design and manufacturer in the world. We can supply and design kinds of coal crushers and mills.
Coal Crushing Processing with Coal Crusher Machines
- Tons of Blocks of solid coal are carried by truck to an existing coal stockpile. Coal is reclaimed using vibratory feeders, in a reclaim tunnel. The vibrating feeders load the coal onto a reclaim vibrating conveyor that transfers the coal into the coal crusher station.
- Initial coal processing is conducted through the rotary crusher when coal is sized to minus 500 millimetres. The coal is sized on a vibratory screen at 19 millimetres. Oversize material, mainly rock, is conveyed to an on-ground storage place and then trucked to the existing coarse reject disposal facility.
- After the removal of the oversize material in the coal crusher machine, the plant feed is conveyed to the 1,800-tonne raw coal silo. Raw coal is recovered from the silo by four vibratory feeders onto the coal processing plant feed conveyor, and conveyed to the desliming section of the processing plant.
- The raw coal is divided and distributed over eight sieve bends that discharge directly to eight desliming screens. The deslimed coarse coal then passes to a mixing box where it is mixed with water and magnetite and fed to eight 600 millimeter diameter heavy media cyclones.
- The fine raw coal is separated into clean coal and tailings in a bank of five 8.5 cubic metre capacity flotation cells. Reagents are required for this flotation process.
- Dried clean coal from the dryer is then conveyed to the clean coal stockpile. The fine coal refuse from the flotation cells are thickened in a thickener then pumped to the tailings ponds located on the south side of the Smoky River.
- Clean coal is reclaimed using vibratory feeder, and then transferred by conveyor to a load-out bin for loading into rail cars. After loading, the top surface of the coal is sprayed with a latex solution to inhibit dusting and coal losses during rail transport.