Manganese is a silvery-gray metal resembling iron. It is hard and very brittle, difficult to fuse, but easy to oxidize. Manganese metal and its common ions are paramagnetic. The most important manganese ore is pyrolusite (MnO2). Other economically important manganese ores usually show a close spatial relation to the iron ores.
Manganese has no satisfactory substitute in its major applications, which are related to metallurgical alloy use.
- Manganese is essential to iron and steel production by virtue of its sulfur-fixing, deoxidizing, and alloying properties. Steelmaking, including its iron making component, has accounted for most manganese demand, presently in the range of 85% to 90% of the total demand. Among a variety of other uses, manganese is a key component of low-cost stainless steel formulations. Small amounts of manganese improve the workability of steel at high temperatures, because it forms a high melting sulfide and therefore prevents the formation of a liquid iron sulfide at the grain boundaries.
- The second large application for manganese is as alloying agent for aluminium. Aluminium with a manganese content of roughly 1.5% has an increased resistance against corrosion due to the formation of grains absorbing impurities which would lead to galvanic corrosion.
- Manganese is used as an additive in unleaded gasoline to boost octane rating and reduce engine knocking.
- Manganese oxide was used in the original type of dry cell battery as an electron acceptor from zinc, and is the blackish material found when opening carbon–zinc type flashlight cells.
- Manganese compounds have been used as pigments and for the coloring of ceramics and glass.
Manganese Crushing Plant & Equipment
- Manganese is mined either at open pit Manganese ore mines or underground Manganese ore mines. First the Manganese ore is blasted, loaded and transported to the primary crushers. Then the ore is crushed and screened, with the fine sulfide ore (~-0.5 mm) going to froth flotation cells for recovery of Manganese.
- In the key crusher, the ore is broken into more compact pieces of much less than 25 centimetres in diameter. Crushed ore is then loaded on to some conveyor belt which requires it towards storage space bin. with the storage space bin, ball mills along with other grinding device grind the ore till it is normally a good powder. During the crushing process, Vipeak has enhanced the ability and finish crushing merchandise with our secondary crusher and tertiary crusher. The complete vitality usage is decreased considerably.
- Firstly, we choose the usable materials and transmit them with the vibrating feeder. Then vibrating feeder pours them into primary Manganese crusher. Then products of primary Manganese crusher get crushed by secondary Manganese crusher.
- Secondly, after the process of primary crushing, Manganese rocks are filled into secondary Manganese crushing plant , such as Manganese impact crusher, Manganese cone crusher, Manganese shaft crusher.
- Finally, Manganese all become the right products . Tertiary Manganese crusher is usually used in special crushing process. Tertiary Manganese crusher will process stones into much smaller size than secondary crusher.
- Of Course, both of procedures above have a process of vibrating feeding and vibrating screen to screen suitable size of Manganese ore .
- We usually choose mobile Manganese crusher or portable Manganese crusher is this process. Because it is really convenient to use mobile Manganese crusher or portable Manganese crusher in this process.
- Comparing the operation efficacy of cone crusher and hydraulic cone crusher, we come across cone crusher accomplished far better final results in tertiary crushing. And if installing the identical quantity of secondary and tertiary crushers, a component of operation is transmitted from tertiary to secondary crushers in which the liner put on is 3 instances less, which substantially influences for the price decline inside crushing process. As a big mining crushing gear producer in China, we are able to provide our customers with jaw crusher, cone crusher, influence crusher and commercial grinding mill etc. Our jaw crusher can be a fine key crusher, our influence crusher is broadly employed as secondary crusher, our cone crusher which includes cone crusher, hydraulic cone crusher may be employed as secondary crusher and tertiary crusher. past this, we also provide ball mill, vertical mill, Raymond mill, trapezium mill etc. to our clients.